Spring Youth Football Referees Association (SYFOA)
At the Youth Spring Football Organization we take the responsibility of officiating as an important one. This officiating page will serve as the portal by which all documents and information related to the tournament officiating is managed for all state tournaments.
YSF Tournaments runs and manages their own Referees Association (SYFOA) that registers referees purely dedicated to the oversight of the various state tournaments officiating. A Supervisor of Officials has been appointed to manage each of the Regional Crew Chiefs in every state, who in turn will oversee the referee crews in their specific regions.
SYFOA Supervisor of Officials
386 682 9156
The SYFOA Management monitors the following:
- Referee registration process
- Referee selection and application process
- Referee training and testing process
- Post game analysis reports
- Ejection and Incident reports
- Referee Support lines
- Coaches Complaint management system
- Game Score management
The following criteria is required of all referees that are registered with the SYFOA and are participating in all the tournaments.
- A minimum of three years documented experience officiating tackle football.
- Current active registration as an High School Athletic Association football official with a sanctioned association. in their respective State
- Successful passing of a criminal background check.
- Submission of an application for membership.
- Active participation in all regional SYFOA training and on-line testing.
- Satisfactory grade on the SYFOA rules and mechanics examination.
- Ability to be available on Saturday’s with an understanding that moderate travel may be involved.
- Registration approval from the Supervisor of Officials and the area /regional supervisors
FSYFOA Referee Library Documentation
Referee Application Form (Apply to join FSYFL Referees Association)
Coaches & Referees Manual
Unusual FSYFL Rules BrochureÂ (FSYFL Brochure outliningÂ all the different rules)
2010 National Federation of High School Rules Book
Referees Signal Cheat Sheet
Chain Crew Instructions
Officiating Introduction Letter
Referee Regional Contact Information
Kansas Tie-Breaker Rules
Field Audit Guidelines