Florida Spring Youth Football Referees Association (FSYFOA)
At the Florida Spring Football Tournament we take the responsibility of officiating as an important one. This officiating page will serve as the portal by which all documents and information related to the tournament officiating is managed.
The FSYFL runs and manages their own FSYFL Referees Association (FSYFOA) that registers referees purely dedicated to the oversight of the FSYFL tournament officiating. A Supervisor of Officials has been appointed to manage each of the Regional Crew Chiefs across the state of Florida, who in turn will oversee the referee crews in their specific regions.
FSYFOA Supervisor of Officials
813 928 8441 John Walters Bio
The FSYFL Referees Association Management monitors the following:
- Referee registration process
- Referee selection and application process
- Referee training and testing process
- Post game analysis reports
- Ejection and Incident reports
- Referee Support lines
- Coaches Complaint management system
- Game Score management
The following criteria is required of all referees that are registered with the FSYFL and are participating in the FSYFL tournament.
- A minimum of three years documented experience officiating tackle football.
- Current active registration as an Florida High School Athletic Association football official with a sanctioned association.
- Successful passing of a criminal background check.
- Submission of an application for membership.
- Active participation in all regional FSYFOA training and on-line testing.
- Satisfactory grade on the FSYFOA rules and mechanics examination.
- Ability to be available on Saturday’s with an understanding that moderate travel may be involved.
- Registration approval from the Supervisor of Officials and the area /regional supervisors
FSYFOA Referee Library Documentation
Referee Application Form (Apply to join FSYFL Referees Association)
Coaches & Referees Manual
2010 National Federation of High School Rules Book
Referees Signal Cheat Sheet
Chain Crew Instructions
Officiating Introduction Letter
Referee Regional Contact Information
Referees Game Score Card
Rules Simplified Brochure
Kansas Tie-Breaker Rules
Field Audit Guidelines