All coaches should read these Coaches Email Updates for the 2014 season. These updates help remind coaches of items and also provide new insight into the latest developments for the 2014 season. All past Email Updates for the 2014 season are available at the FSYFL Documents Library
2014 TEAM REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! (Teams can register up until Jan 6th, 2014)
You don’t need to have ALL your players signed up or have paid any money to register your team. If you are sure about participating you can go ahead and complete this step. Go to HERE and submit your team registration. You will receive an email back within 48 hours with your user name and password to the FSYFL Team Management Console for your team page. If you have already registered you should have received this user name and password email. If not, check your spam filters, otherwise call Sandy on 813 728 6747. EACH team from an organization MUST submit a separate registration. Coaches from last season must register again, user names and passwords from last season will not work for 2014.
Age & Weight Changes:
- Added a Tiny Mite Division (5,6 and 7 year olds)
- Increased base weights of Mitey, Peewee and Supers divisions by 10 lbs
- Added an older lighter age category to Mitey Mite (9 yr olds) and Peewee (11 yr olds) divisions
- D2 teams will now play a Conference Championship Final game after their regional Title games. (i.e. NW Champion vs. SW Champion)
- There will be a bye week before the FSYFL D1 State Championships for Easter weekend.
- D1 and D2 Pro bowls will be played on two separate days (Sat & Sun) to allow more time for FULL inter regional team finals.
NEW 2014 AGES & WEIGHTS
CHANGES FROM 2013 EXPLAINED
|Tiny Mite||5 years||Unlimited weight||We have added a new Tiny Mite Division for 2014|
|6-7 years||85 lbs|
|Mitey Mite||7 years||Unlimited weight||Removed 6 year olds from Mitey Mites and changed 7 year olds to unlimited weight|
|8 years||110 lbs||Increased this base weight by 10 lbs from 100lbs to 110lbs|
|9 years||75 lbs||Added a 9 year older lighter category with a 75 lb weight limit|
|Peewee||9 years||Unlimited weight||Made 9 year old unlimited weight|
|10 years||125 lbs||Increased this base weight by 10 lbs from 115lbs to 125lbs|
|11 years||95 lbs||Added an 11 year older lighter category with a 95lb weight limit|
|Supers||10 years||Unlimited weight||No change|
|11 years||140 lbs||Increased this base weight by 10 lbs from 130lbs to 140lbs|
|12 years||115 lbs||No change|
|Midgets||11 years||Unlimited weight||No change|
|12 years||155 lbs||No change|
|13 years||130 lbs||No change|
|JV||12 years||Unlimited weight||No change|
|13, 14 years||180 lbs||No change|
|VARSITY||13,14,15 years||Unlimited weight||No change|
*Ages based on July 31st, 2013 (no change from 2013 season)
|Regular Season Games (6 games per team)||2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22|
|Regional Playoffs D1||Sat 3/29/14|
|Regional Playoffs D2|
|Regional Finals D1||Sat 4/5/14|
|Regional Finals D2|
|Conference Championships D1||Sat 4/12/14|
|Conference Championships D2|
|NO GAMES (Easter Weekend)||Sat 4/19/14|
|Cheer Competition||Sat 4/26/14|
|State Football Agility Camp||Sat 4/26/14|
|State Championships D1 (JV & Varsity)||Sat 4/26/14|
|State Championships D1 (Tiny Mite, Mitey Mite, Peewee, Supers, Midget)||Sun 4/27/14|
|Pro Bowl D2||Sat 5/3/14|
|Pro Bowl D1||Sun 5/4/14|
*D2 teams will now play a Conference Championship Final game after their regional Title games. (i.e. NW Champion vs. SW Champion)
*There will be a bye week before the FSYFL D1 State Championships for Easter weekend.
*D1 and D2 Pro bowls will be played on two separate days (Sat & Sun) to allow more time for FULL inter regional team finals.
1. Over 200 teams from across Florida
2. Regional Play with a one week Travel Game schedule
3. Division 1 and 2 tournament
4. FSYFL is a Coaches tournament
5. Play teams from outside your normal Fall programs
6. Games at Regional fields make for a weekly Jamboree atmosphere
7. FSYFL provides a Cheer Competition
8. Every team qualifies for the 1st round of playoffs
9. An Exciting State Championship Weekend
10. NFL style Pro Bowl Tournament
11. 7 different Divisions
12. Strong verifiable player certification process
13. Great Regional, Conference and State Trophies
14. Well trained Referee Association
15. Solid Background check process
PLAYERS/PARENTS OF PRO BOWL AND ALL STAR TEAMS
- Organizing Coaches will be contacting you shortly to discuss team plans.
- All selected players MUST attend their divisional game at the State Championships in Tarpon Springs to collect their jerseys to be eligible to play
- Pro Bowl and All Star presentations are done for each division after each divisional game
- Teams will meet with their Organizing Coaches at the State Championship fields
2013 PRO BOWL & ALL STAR TEAMS
- The JV and Varsity divisions do not have an All Star Team.
- Selections were determined by an independent board of selectors, without any team interaction. These selections are final.
- Player spots marked TBD are being held pending further discussions with players and/or teams on specific player availability. These spots will be filled in due course.
- The “Organizing Coach” position has been assigned by the FSYFL for the purposes of planning and supervision. Organizing coaches may reach out to other head/asst. coaches on their teams to facilitate their assistance if they wish.
- Coaches wishing to participate may approach team “Organizing Coaches” to offer their assistance and service or email Sandy@youthspringfootball.com to obtain coach information.
Mitey Mite Pro Bowl Team
Mitey Mite All Star Team
Peewee Pro Bowl Team
Peewee All Star Team
Supers Pro Bowl Team
Supers All Star Team
Midget Pro Bowl Team
Midget All Star Team
JV Pro Bowl Team
Varsity Pro Bowl Team
2013 FSYFL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
“Cheer Competition & Speed & Agility Camp”
- 2nd Annual Speed & Agility Camp (Saturday 4/20/13 from 11am – 3pm)
- FSYFL Cheer Competition (Saturday 4/20/13 from 11am – 2pm)
“State Saturday Night Under the Lights”
JV State Game - East Lake Raptors vs. Treasure Coast Spartans (Sat 4/20/13 at 6pm)
Varsity State Game – N.E. Raiders vs. Port Orange Hawks (Sat 4/20/13 at 8pm)
Mitey Mite State Game – West Side Broncos vs. Orlando Raiders (Sun 4/21/13 at 9am)
Peewee State Game – West Side Broncos vs. Orlando Raiders (Sun 4/21/13 at 11am)
Supers State Game – Seminole Chiefs vs. North Brevard Hawks (Sun 4/21/13 at 1pm)
Midget State Game – Tampa Bay Warriors vs. Treasure Coast Spartans (Sun 4/21/13 at 3pm)
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST COACH UPDATE ON STATE, PRO BOWL, SPIRIT AWARDS ETC.